Saturday, November 04, 2006

KMKS Swap

The Questionnaire:
What are your favorite colors?
I like all shades of green, dark rose, golden yellow, brick red
Are you a new mitt knitter?
Yes- this will be the 1st time
How long have you been knitting mittens?
Never tried it- but I've done socks
Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?
Solid or heathered yarns
What fibers do you prefer in mitten yarn?
Soft & non-itchy- alpaca, cotton blend
Where do you usually knit mittens?
I suppose any where, like I do with socks
How do you usually carry/store small projects?
In a draw-string tote
What are your favorite mitten patterns?
I haven't really looked at them much, but I like the ones with fuzzy cuffs
What are your favorite mitten knitting techniques?
I'm willing to try most anything
What new techniques would you like to try?
Cables, intrasia
What are your favorite needles for knitting mittens?
Don't really know, but I'm a little leery of double points- afraid they'll slip out
What are some of your favorite yarns?
Katmandu, Cascade 220 (for felting), Cotton Chenille, Alpaca
What yarn do you totally covet?
Karabella Supercashmere ($53 a skein- gaak!)
Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?
I'd like to try a sweater from The Celtic Collection in merino/silk/cashmere blend
Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)?
I like using wooden needles, mostly circular, since they can be folded up
If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be?
Debbie Bliss Alapaca Silk
Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack?
Dark Chocolate, candied ginger, cashews
What’s your favorite animal?
Cats- I currently have four!
Would you prefer super warm mittens or something more like fingerless mitts?
Mittens
If you were a color what color would you be?
Emerald green or Chocolate brown
What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?
I love the look of English cottage gardens, with riots of colors & flowers; I've lately been drawn to sunflowers.
Do you have a wishlist?
No, but I could come up with one real easy :)
Anything else you’d like to share with the group today?
I've been knitting for 2 1/2 yrs & consider myself an adv beginner/intermediate knitter. This is my first try at a swap- I've been reading about other bloggers doing them & think it would be a great way to connect with some new people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I admire knitters. I've tried, but always fall back to crochet. The patterns for knitting are always more interesting, so I will probably try again. Right after the 2 afghans I have started are complete. (ha ha ha)

Interesting post, and I like the knitting projects slide show.