Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Money well spent

We had a great time on Sunday. Sam drove to Sacramento (about 85 miles), getting some highway driving practice, stopping at Ikea for a couple hours of wandering. I picked out a couple of essentials, while Sam planned out his dream room, & then we had dinner in the cafĂ©, before heading to Arco Arena. Sam didn’t figure out who the performer was until we hit the door, & then all he said was, “Cool.” (I think that’s taking the “Jaded Teen” act a bit too far) Suffice it to say…we both sang along with every song


This was the opening act (so much better in person)

Naturally 7- all a cappella… really!




Look closely- they are not playing those instruments; all the sound you hear is by human voice. For more, see check out “Naturally 7- Wall of Sound” on You*tube (my favorite is “Say You Love Me”, a love song from God)


And then….

Michael Bublé!







4 comments:

Dory said...

Yeahhhhhh! So glad it was such a good time - that's awesome! And... what a great memory you'll always have!

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

We had highway driving practice yesterday too--Atlanta is no place for any sane human. My knuckles are just now back to their normal color.
:)

Junie Moon said...

I'm so glad you had a good time. It's fun to do these kinds of things now and then, keeps us young.

I love your "Scanning the pages" post, too. What a fun list.

Lisa said...

Oh, teens. I may not be a parent, but I think I understand a little about late adolescent behavior. ;) What a great mom you are, though, to take Sam on this trip. He'll remember. Years later, he'll bring it up. ;)