Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Scanning the pages...

simple-woman-daybook-small


Outside My Window...Hazy skies & dusty breezes- a preview of summer, I believe

I am thinking... that there are so many other things I’d rather be doing then sitting in this office all Spring

I am thankful for...an extra day off to recover from our late night Sunday

From the kitchen...will be leftover country ribs (must pick up some bbq sauce) & fresh asparagus.

I am wearing...a dark floral skirt, cream top, & brown leather slides

I am creating...a pair of knitted kilt hose for Chris- natural merino/silk blend on tiny needles- this is going to take a while

I am going...to plant some more seeds- a planter box of Moonflowers & Sweet Peas for the patio, & start a few Sunflowers & “Love Lies Bleeding” for the front bed.

Autumn color


I am reading... Northanger Abbey (still- the read & knit along ends this month) & No Honeymoon for Death by Mary Kruger

I am hoping... that the wasp nest I knocked out of the rose bush last night is the only one!

I am hearing...Vivaldi’s Allegro from The Four Seasons, Spring

Around the house...it’s time to take down the curtains for a good wash & airing, change the filter on the A/C vent, & have Sam hose down the window screens & reattach them- all the wind lately has knocked some of them wonky.

One of my favorite things...big, bright, red geraniums

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Clear some clutter from the computer desk & sofa table; cut some more block pieces for the church quilt, & put in a few hours of work on Saturday.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


Spring 2008 018

Please drop by Peggy’s blog, “The Simple Woman”, to join (or just read along) the other ladies as they take a snapshot of their day & focus on the simple things.

No comments: