Monday, June 16, 2008

Pen in hand...


 

simple-woman-daybook-large 

 

Outside My Window...

I see more than a dozen bunches of grapes slowly forming on the vines, my potted hydrangea blooming in vibrant pink, & the lemon cucumber plant climbing toward the sun.

 

I am thinking...

About ways to swing the cost of a road trip up to Oregon next month & a possible stay-over at Crater Lake

 

I am thankful for...

A whole month off from choir commitments- I’m beginning to feel burned out & unmotivated to practice

 

From the kitchen...

Homemade spaghetti sauce with lots of veggies, grilled zucchini, & fresh fruit for dessert

 

I am wearing...

Navy knit capris & a sleeveless white shirt- just got back from a walk

 

I am creating...

More blocks for the Church quilt & working on Chris’ pullover vest

 

I am going...

To try making some new slips- it is getting harder & harder to find the kind I like (split skirt, like culottes, with no lace)

 

I am reading...

Still working through Back on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber & Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskill

 

I am hoping...

To be caught up on my backed up work at the job & back on schedule by this weekend

 

I am hearing...

The guys discussing seasoning for the sauce, Modern Marvels on the television & the floor fan humming

 

Around the house...

It is pleasantly cool inside after a hot day; Dahlia is napping atop the newspaper stack & chasing ghost birds; there are entirely too many bags sitting by the front door (& only half of them are mine)

 

One of my favorite things...

Classical Guitar music, especially Baroque

 

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

Haircut on Wednesday (my stylist finally sent me a postcard announcing her new place); at least two visits to the gym (must get back up to 5-6 days a week); lots of carting Sam around to classes & lessons; & another dentist appointment to cement in a new crown & start the replacement on another

 

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

 

 2585552023_59e267a2e9

Lavender Hollow Farm




Please drop by The Simple Woman blog, to visit other ladies sharing a glimpse of their day- maybe you could even join us!


 

4 comments:

Dory said...

Love the lavender picture! Have fun at the dentist :-P hehe

Dana said...

Meg I love reading these posts. I have to admit I'm a little envious of your garden...I can only grow herbs (in the food category).

As for the culotte slips, I get mine on line at lanebryant.com type in the search culottes and they come up. They run around $17 and you can trim them to fit your length.

Hope this helps, thanks for sharing your day!

Junie Moon said...

I love these glimpses into your day you share. They are always delightful but real at the same time.

Raquel said...

Meg: Thank you for the comment on my blog. I have posted the rose water recipe, if you are interested! Come on over, we have cinnamon tea on and a fresh batch of cookies. I would love to stay and help you do some work, but we have enough of our own!