“Your winsome smile will be your sure protection”
Fortune cookies can be so full of it, sometimes.
Yes, my “winsome” smile is back, despite a rather trying couple of days. I was sorely tempted to crawl back in bed this morning;
- My foot was particularly painful when I got out of bed & I found that we’re out of Ibuprofen;
- The sun was brightly shining after 4 days of pouring rain, but for the life of me, I couldn’t find my sun glasses (I have to wear them when I drive- tis the reason I have almost no wrinkles);
- I tossed some sheets into the dryer just before leaving the house; I stopped in the kitchen to drink the dregs of my morning tea & thought to myself “There is an awful lot of thumping going on in the dryer” & started out to the car. Then I heard a wee, small “Mew”. Coming from the laundry room. OMG- the @#$%$*#@ CAT is in the dryer! I pulled Dahlia out (who else would be that dumb), panting & eyes rolling, but none the worse for wear.
- Walked out to my car in the driveway, put my stuff in the back seat, started the car & backed up of the driveway… something felt weird; put the car in park & walk around in front- flat tire. (Fortunately, we have an air compressor in the garage- I was only 15 minutes late)
- Got to work with a blinding headache (having to squint while driving across town); went to turn on my little Zen fountain & meditate a little… nothing. It’s dead. ARGH!
Turns out, it was not just me; everyone in the back office was having the same kind of morning. I told them there is some bad mojo going on & we need to either close up for a Mental Health day, or call Feng Shui master to realign the office chi. Needless to say, I was over-ruled; some people just have no imagination.
Okay, you all aren’t having too much luck with this guessing game yet; I guess the clues are a little obscure. Here’s where we stand:
v A pair of women’s gloves
v A fundraiser tea party
And today’s hint:
v Index cards filled with notes
I will tell you that I have mentioned this activity in my blog archives~ check out the first 4 months on MSN.