Sunday, January 28, 2007

Small victories


Hey, Kids~ Can't believe the weekend is over already- seems like I just left work!

It's been fairly low keyed around here. Saturday, I went to the gym in the morning, after totally spacing my hair cut appointment- guess I'll grow my hair out for a bit. I then headed over to the church, where several of the ladies were meeting for a sewing party. We have a group heading out to Tanzania the end of February, to visit an orphanage being run by a young woman who was raised in our church; when asked what they needed most, she asked for curtains for all the windows. So, we are making lined panel curtains for 54 windows of various sizes, which need to be donw by the 18th. I stayed for about 4 hours, until my back couldn't handle any more; we'll be getting together the next 2 Saturdays, & several ladies took some to work on at home. Sam went to spend the night at a friend's house, so Chris & I fixed dinner at home & watched Cadfael on PBS.

Today was my Sunday off (I take one Sunday a month, so I don't get burned out singing 2 services every week), so I slept in a bit, took care of the cats, then went over to Starbucks for a small Cinnamon Dolce Latte & a mini vanilla scone. After my "healthy" breakfast, I drove into Livermore (20 miles to the west) to spend the afternoon at Ravenswood Estate, which I talked about earlier. It was raining off & on all day, but it still was pretty busy- I visited with the docents & explored the house extensively. I came home to Jessica's car being gone & a check pinned to the bulletin board- Yeah! The guys are out somewhere- hopefully Chris remembered Sam has dance class tonight & took him there. I'm waiting for my fishsticks to cook, since I haven't eaten since this morning, then sit down with my knitting- the scarf is almost done, & I'm chomping at the bit to start something new.

I found this meme at Amy's, & seeing as I'm starving right now, I thought I'd add it here- Bon Apetit!


Appetizer
If you could take lessons to learn any musical instrument, which would you want to learn?

I would really like to learn to play the mandolin; one of my favorite groups is Nickel Creek & Chris Thile, who sings & plays mandolin, has inspired me. I love the way it sounds & the way it looks, plus the neck is small enough for even me to be able to reach.


Soup
Have you ever mistaken a person for someone else?

Oh, yes- that comes with the territory as you get older.

Salad
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how well do you keep secrets?

I'd have to say I'm pretty much a 9 1/2- hey, I never did cave with Chris & the bed saga!

Main Course
What's the closest you've ever been to a dangerous animal?

Only in the zoo- I'm not a big nature person, so I haven't run into anything more dangerous than a snake or spider along a hiking trail.

Dessert
When was the last time you lost your patience?

This past week; I've been cross-training with my co-worker to learn one another's jobs, & we kept getting interrupted with silly questions from people who should know better. I finally snapped at the branch manager & told her to go talk to my boss, because I didn't have time to deal with her right now (I apologized later)

No comments: