Monday, August 25, 2008

A page from my day


 woman reading 3


 

FOR TODAY August 25...

 

Outside My Window...

Treetops bending in the strong wind, silhouetted against a clear blue sky

 

I am thinking...

about the best way  to juggle things so we can pay for Sam’s wisdom teeth removal- the *%&$#@! insurance company denied the authorization as “not covered”

 

I am thankful for...

the provision of my Heavenly  Father; we have two substantial checks coming in the next couple of weeks, which will go towards one need, one indulgence, &  one hope

 

From the kitchen...

Pork loin roast leftovers, asparagus, maybe some mashed potatoes (it’s been awhile- I wonder if I have any), & some of the best Clementines I’ve had in a long time

 

I am wearing...

Blue patterned skirt, green short-sleeved sweater, & blue loafers

 

I am creating...

Now that Ravelympics is over, I must spend time with my neglected sewing machine- I’m working on a tabard apron & matching potholder for the Fall Apron Swap (due to mail out on Friday), piecing the last 8 blocks for this year’s church quilt, & putting the final five rows together before sending it to my partner for the final stitching.

 

I am going...

to miss watching the Olympics every evening (though it will be good to get to bed at an earlier time); I’m not a sports fan by nature, but I was mesmerized by the excitement & talent that flowed across the screen every night- I often found myself cheering out loud for people I’ll never meet. 

 

I am reading...

I’m still working on The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs, & Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell

 

I am hoping...

to taste my own cantaloupes before winter- I found three melons this weekend & we should still have hot weather for at least another month.

 

I am hearing...

The Humming Chorus from Puccini’s Madame Butterfly

 

Around the house...

The sewing machine & paraphernalia has again taken over the dining room; I saw an awful lot of dust clinging to the ceiling fan this morning (Oh, Saaam!); the lawn is in need of trimming & the grass should be cleared from around the sprinkler heads

 

One of my favorite things...

hot, buttered popcorn- sometimes, this is all I’ll eat for supper J

 

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:

Now that I’m done with choir (Sunday was my last day), my evenings stretch out free of commitments; the fridge & cupboards are looking a bit sparse, so some grocery shopping is in order; some raking & flowerbed clear-up needs doing; then this weekend, we are headed off to the Caledonian Club Of San Francisco 143rd Annual Scottish Highland Games being held in Pleasanton.

 

Here is picture thought I am sharing.

 Summer 08 074Summer 08 073

Ever hear of a self-service cat?




Please drop by Peggy's page, The Simple Woman, to read entries from other Daybooks around the world.

 

4 comments:

Junie Moon said...

I recently had a problem with my insurance and dental work, too. My dentist worked it out finally to the satisfaction of my insurance company. I discovered the claim submission had not been correctly filled out. So, maybe a talk with your dentist can help resolve the issue.

I enjoyed reading your list. I'm so going to miss seeing all the Summer Olympics events.

Dory said...

When Suki had her wisdom teeth removed, it was considered a *surgical extraction* because of the location and position of those teeth. Our dental insurance would not pay, saying it was a medical issue, because they were *surgical*. Of course, my medical insurance wouldn't pay because it was an OBVIOUS dental procedure - done by a dentist.

So, yeah. Guess who paid? Bingo! ME! Sheesh.

Anonymous said...

I like your "I am Thankful" - sounds like a perfect way to use the money ;)

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

That stinks about the dental insurance, so frustrating!!

OK, so those cat pictures are hilarious. I love how they get themselves into such situations, always good for a laugh!

I will miss the Olympics too, although I am pretty tired this week and I have a feeling I know why so it will be good for this girl to catch some extra z's!!