Thursday, September 21, 2006

My Take on Thirteen Thursday

I've seen this done on several Spaces & it looked like a unique way to tell about myself (not to mention a blog entry when life is a little blah), so I figured I'd follow the crowd with my version.

Thirteen Things in My Junk Drawer
1. Catnip: homegrown & organic
2. Three cat brushes: 1 to use on the long hair kittens, 2 to use on the short hair senior lady- quicker for me, less ticklish for her
3. Two kinds of cat treats: 1 for hairballs, the other for sweeter breath
4. Laser-light cat toy (Hmm, do I sense a trend here?): I don’t know who has more fun with this- the cats or us!
5. Lint brush: See #1-4
6. Shoe polish kit: rarely used
7. 3-hole punch: for all those papers that need to go in the binder, but never do
8. Picture hanging kit: hooks, eyes, brads, wire- very convenient
9. Shoe Goo (for lack of a better name): silicone dressing used on dance shoes to keep me from landing (gracefully) on my butt during a performance
10. Assorted packets of bug repellent wipes: West Nile hit us this year- a must in the garden
11. Magnifying glass: nifty gadget with mini-screwdrivers in the handle
12. Church Photo Phone directory: it’s 6 years old, hopelessly out-of-date, but my picture looks marvelous!
13. Candlestick Stickum Gum: I use this on everything breakable on my shelves- with 3 cats & 2 fast-moving men in our house, it’s the only way secure pretty stuff

This is where the original idea came from; I didn't want to commit to every week, so I just used the idea:
Thursday Thirteen is a blog meme with one purpose - to get to know bloggers better. Thirteen is the magic number - because Thursday Thirty is too many!
Every Thursday, bloggers jot down thirteen things about their week, Thirteen secrets they’ve never shared before, Thirteen random things about themselves or their lives that give the reader a better idea of who they are. Then the fun begins, you go bloghopping! Find other Thursday Thirteeners, spend some quality time getting to know your fellow bloggers, interact with them through their lists and invite them to yours!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved this meme. I couldn't decide on which junk drawer to feature...it would be hopeless and I'd sound like a pack rat!
I appreciate your confidence on my test... I'm such a goofball!
Have a great weekend!