Monday, July 28, 2008

Pen in hand


Women reading


FOR TODAY July 28...


Outside My Window...


Blessed bright blue skies after weeks of hazy yellow (though there are now fires in Yosemite, 75 miles to the east)


I am thinking...


my weight (up), my daughter (silent), my son (sick), my bank account (gaunt), my hopes (glimmering)


I am thankful for...


my dear Chris- husband, lover, friend, partner, ally, & support; our life would be dark & hard without him


From the kitchen...


there is lots of experimenting going on with the goodies we brought back from Oregon- we found the best (& biggest) Asian market ever, so we are fully stocked on sauces, seasonings, rice, & noodles to try out.


I am wearing...


A red & brown floral skirt, red knit top, brown leather slides, & a bright green sweater- it is very cold in here!


I am creating...


a new skirt, since my favorite one has developed an inconveniently placed hole that isn’t repairable.


I am going...


to meet with a new group of knitters tonight, one that was formed on Ravelry & is meeting in the next town over.


I am reading...


Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen, Corpse Pose by Diana Killian (who also happens to be in one of my favorite singing groups, The Browne Sisters), & The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs


I am hoping...


to get caught up on the pile of backed-up work- the first of the month is just around the corner.


I am hearing...


David Russell playing Peschatore che va cantando by Pietro Paolo Borrono; a crop duster working the nearby fields; my boss banging around her file cabinets


Around the house...


daddy-long-legs have proliferated into every corner of every room; it’s time for a good turn-out of all the kitchen cupboards; the garden isn’t as prolific as I would like- I have no carrots or lettuce this summer & the cucumbers are coming on slowly- but I do think the lemon tree has finally set some fruit


One of my favorite things...


a new treat- Ice Breakers Restore Mints, Pomegranate Lemon-Aid (I’ve only found them at Target so far)


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:


Dentist appointment Tuesday for Sam, senior portraits on Wednesday, back to choir practice on Thursday, Chris’ birthday on Saturday


Here is picture thought I am sharing.



Buschart Garden


Here is where I was wandering this time last year- a view thru the Rose Arbor at Butchart Gardens, British Colombia



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that archway-I can almost smell the roses.

Lisa said...

oooooh, yes. please turn those daddy long legs out. they might join forces and take you hostage. can't wait to see those senior pictures!

Dory said...

Every time I read your posts Meg - I just am reminded again what a fabulous person you are... and we are all blessed to know you. I admire your many talents... and your way of keeping it all balanced and organized. Two things I can never quite master!

50s Housewife said...

I can't imagine wearing a sweater right now. It's been HOT here. :)

Junie Moon said...

I truly like this post of yours today. Your responses are interesting and remind me to think more closely about what I'm doing myself. I'm going to consider my own responses now and remind myself to practice mindfulness.

Betty said...

I like this post! Sounds like life is pretty good right now. You'll have to let me know if you like Friday Night Knitting Club. I started it and then put it down. I need to know if I should pick it back up. LOL

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Your garden sounds so much better than mine. Is that the saddest story ever. All the rain here just rotted the roots to everything. I have 1 cucumber, 2 zucchini (out of about 12 plants) and like 4 green beans. I'm not kidding. That was after rows and rows of cucumbers, zucchini, squash, green beans, peas, tomatoes, cantalope, watermelon, peppers and eggplant. Soooo sad!

Tina Leavy said...

stopping by to wish you a good week.