My mother-in-law emailed this helpful hint to me; I don’t know who originally wrote it, but they have my heartfelt thanks for brightening an otherwise dreary task.
How to Clean Your Toilet
- Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.
- Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.
- In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids. You may need to stand on the lid.
- The cat will self agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet; the cat is actually enjoying this.
- Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a “power-wash and rinse”.
- Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people standing between the bathroom and the front door.
- Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.
- The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where he will dry himself off.
- Both the commode and the cat will be sparkling clean.