Sunday, January 20, 2008

Lemon or cream?

After a quiet Sunday at home

Fall 2007 210

the evening turns cold and windy

A good time for some nesting

A fire burns in the grate

Winter 2007 218

Candles cast a gentle glow

Winter 2007 216

Meg has been busy in the kitchen

Winter 2007 224

with Lemon Poppyseed scones

with cream and jam

Winter 2007 229

Gala and Granny Smith apples

Winter 2007 228

some favorite sweets

Winter 2007 225

Egg Salad and Chedder/Olive sandwiches

There is soup on the stove

and Wild Berry tea in the pot

Winter 2007 221

so, please, have a seat and let me pour you a cup.

 

 

 

 

 

5 comments:

suzee said...

Goodness, I want to visit YOUR house. Those sandwiches look especially yummy.

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me, when do you expect me?

Anonymous said...

This all looks lovely! So pretty & I can practically smell the crackling fire ... what a way to spend an evening! :)

Lena said...

What a lovely setting Meg, and a scumptious tea! I've enjoyed it all, so very much. Thank you!

Dana said...

Beautiful home lit both by the warmth of a fire and the warmth of love!

The lemon poppy-seed scones sound delicious! Recipe? :)